Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Goon


So I met this girl at the bar and we started talking about comic books. I was telling here how I have been liking Alan Moore lately just like everyone else and she tells me about this comic book The Goon. The next day my friends go out again and I vote not to, I guess she was out and brought the first issue with her for me to borrow.

I read it and it was great. Very facetious but still playful. My friend Brett doesn't like characters like this but I'm in love with them. The characters i mean are the ones with no rivals. That's who The Goon is, a man with no rival. He walks into a room of baddies and shit kicks them until they are bloodied and dead and then he walks out while his friend and partner Franky says something sly. its almost like watching a Adam West's batman episode but with mutants, zombies, ghosts, monsters, demons and Santa Claus.

I have a feeling I will soon have read all of these comics and be left wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment